Madrid is an intercultural, caring city and its wealth is its people. Friendliness is an essential part of its identity. More than 181 different nationalities coexist harmoniously in the city.
We build bridges to the rest of Spain and the world. We are an efficient and competitive city. A metropolis in constant motion that wants to ensure its inhabitants can meet, get to know each other and make contact.
Madrid is a safe city. The feeling of safety, for those who live here or those who visit, is much greater than in other European and world capitals.
Madrid leads high tech employment in Spain and a large part of Europe. We are a competitive and sustainable city equipped with modern infrastructures, and our public services are notable for their transparency and quality. This is a clean, healthy city, committed to the public’s wellbeing and needs.
Fun, friendly and social. Madrid’s streets and buildings are steeped in art and history. The tapas culture and Madrid’s nightlife mean that our city can be enjoyed 24 hours a day.
- 1st european region in life expectancy(Eurostat 2016)
- 5th city in the world for greatest economic clout (PWC - Cities of Oportunity 2016)
- 6th in the world with better mobility and transport (IESE - Cities on Motion 2017)
- 10th city in the world with the best quality of life (Monocle 2017)
- 12th safest city in the world (EIU - The Safe Cities Index 2017)